1. Conducts comprehensive, culturally sensitive psychosocial assessments, develops care plans, and provides counseling and crisis intervention services to individuals and families.
2. Coordinates services with appropriate clinic and community resources.
3. Provides information and education about health/mental health issues to individual patients and to groups.
4. Documents assessment, intervention, and treatment data in medical record.
5. Provides social work consultation to clinic staff and community providers as appropriate. Serves as liaison to community health care network.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of professional social work principles, methodology, and ethics and of human psychosocial development within the family, community, and culture.
2. Knowledge of the use of therapeutic relationship to foster patient involvement. Familiarity with brief therapy theories/techniques and therapeutic process. Understanding of techniques for facilitating client motivation to change behavior.
3. Knowledge of health and social issues impacting diverse clients and their well-being.
1. Skill in crisis intervention.
2. Skill in client advocacy.
3. Skill in case management.
1. Ability to interact effectively as member of interdisciplinary health care team.
2. Ability to identify and utilize community resources.
3. Ability to communicate appropriately with diverse patient population.