1. Associate is capable of delivering care/service appropriate to patients/customers.
2. Interviews patients and/or responsible other parties for accurate information necessary to complete the Hospital Registration Record.
3. Verifies all information for accuracy when registering and/or preregistering a patient or accessing the computer history file.
4. Provides the billing department accurate information for the billing of patient accounts.
5. Demonstrates the ability to embrace and adapt to change and regularly initiates ideas to improve the efficiency and processes of the department.
6. Provides patient and/or responsible party all required forms per departmental procedures.
7. Provides and communicates with Nursing Units, Physicians, and ancillary department personnel required information for patient care and accurate patient identification.
8. Maintains a high level of knowledge on all applicable coding requirements, insurance requirements, governmental and hospital.
9. Performs similar or related duties as assigned.