Responsible for the ED registration, scheduling and order entry of services requested in Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging Services. Also receives and distributes biological specimens.
1. Associate is capable of delivering care/service appropriate to patients/customers.
2. Interviews patients and/or responsible other parties for accurate information necessary to complete the Hospital Registration Record.
3. Verifies all information for accuracy when registering and/or preregistering a patient or accessing the computer history file.
4. Provides the billing department accurate information for the billing of patient accounts.
5. Demonstrates the ability to embrace and adapt to change and regularly initiates ideas to improve the efficiency and processes of the department.
6. Provides patient and/or responsible party all required forms per departmental procedures.
7. Provides and communicates with Nursing Units, Physicians, and ancillary department personnel required information for patient care and accurate patient identification.
8. Maintains a high level of knowledge on all applicable coding requirements, insurance requirements, governmental and hospital.
9. Performs similar or related duties as assigned.
1. High School education or equivalent with courses in typing and general office skills.
2. Medical terminology knowledge.
3. Experience in computer operations.
4. Ability type a minimum of 40 WPM.
5. Successful experience in working with general public
6.An approved course in Medical Terminology with a passing grade within one (1) year of hire date.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed