Suburban Home Health is a jointly owned venture between Riverview Health, Hancock Regional Hospital, and Witham Health Services. We are an expanding agency with exciting and new career opportunities. At Suburban Home Health we consider our people to be our most important asset. It is our hope that our associates will fulfill their personal and professional goals with Suburban and that they will dedicate their skills and talents to meeting the needs of our patients, our community, and to the success of the agency. Our “Patient’s First” culture encourages active participation in the delivery of excellent patient care and values our associates as professionals.
We are currently seeking a part-time Speech Therapist to assist in the evaluation of speech language skills for adult and/or geriatric patients as relates to medical, social and psychological factors.
- Performs appropriate diagnostic, neurological and functional skills tests and establishes a plan of treatment.
- Plans and conducts rehabilitative treatment programs including vocal exercises to restore patient’s communicative abilities.
- Instructs and assists patients in the performance of communication, cognitive and dysphagia treatment to maximize therapeutic outcomes.
- Monitors patient progress in therapy and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to ensure patient outcomes are achieved.
- Documents the initial evaluation and each day of treatment in the patient record in a timely manner and completes summary of patient’s progress at discharge.
- Provides education to the patient and caregiver regarding methods of care provided.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of speech pathology and holder of a current permanent or temporary license from the Indiana Medical Licensing Board.
- Previous experience and/or knowledge in home health preferred.
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, utilizing fundamental time management skills.
- Must possess valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed