The Cancer Center nurse administers nursing care to patients and/or plans, directs and coordinates the nursing care of patients via the nursing process and in collaboration with the health care team. The RN also instructs patients and families in porcedures, health care practices and continuing care after discharge. The RN performs job duties and responsibilities in a manner adhering to the hospital and department's policies and procedures and in accordance with protocols developed collaboratively with the Medical Director of the Cancer Center. The RN may be assigned other responsibilities for the area.
1. Direct and indirect patient care
2. Professional growth
3. Performance Improvement
4. Fiscal Responsibilities
7. Patient's First
8. Able to work effectively in a protocol driven setting
9. Exceptional assessment skills for the cancer population.
10. Skilled at inserting and maintaining IV's; skilled working with central lines and other venous access routes.
11. Able to initiate and maintain strong interpersonal/psychosocial relationships with this specific patient population.
12. Skillfully and accurately triages cancer patient phone calls.
Associates RN degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
Prior Oncology experience, not required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed