Ready to go above and beyond to shape a new healthcare experience?
If you have a gift for getting things done without being told what to do…if you don’t know the words “not my patient” or “not my responsibility”…and if listening, solving problems, and providing quality customer service come naturally to you, you’ll fit right in at Hancock Health Gateway. Join the team and help us provide care that’s friendly, personal, and easy to access—just what health care should be.
At Hancock Health Gateway, you’ll be empowered to provide a new standard of health care, centered on what patients want and need. And you’ll do it in a fast-paced but friendly environment. Here, every team member, no matter their role, is equally responsible for creating, leading, and managing a high-quality patient experience. Whether your expertise is in the lab or patient care, we want our Gateway staff to take ownership of all aspects of service. To us, going above and beyond means providing high-quality healthcare, assisting patients with the registration and check-in process, having a conversation, and creating a lasting impression—even making a cup of coffee for a guest when needed.
Responsible for the efficient and accurate scheduling and registration of all patients requiring and/or requesting services from Hancock Health Gateway Services. Advocate will also initiate price estimations to ensure patient is fully informed of financial responsibilities.
• Demonstrated oral communication skills needed to develop patient rapport and ability to independently address patient needs as appropriate.
• Demonstrated ability in handling patient confidentiality.
• Ability to work with peers in a team situation and create a positive work environment for team members.
• Demonstrate a functional and technical understanding of applicable scheduling and billing software, Intranet and Internet usage, Excel/Word software, E-mail Usage and Web-based applications.
Required to check e-mail daily and use as a source of internal and external communication. Required to understand and utilize electronic medical record technology.
• Demonstrate knowledge of current resources and programs to assist the patient’s needs for financial resources
• Demonstrates ability to act with sensitivity as a patient advocate
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following list describes the essential duties of this role. Individuals in this role may perform additional, related duties not listed here.
• Assist appropriate patients and families to explore options for financial assistance for medical services with referral to Social Services when appropriate
• Interacts with patients in a warm friendly manner showing respect and courteousness
• Enter data into systems accurately, completely and timely
• Obtain necessary insurance information
• Answer questions regarding insurance coverage, billing, payment, and/or collection arrangements.
• Verify patient insurance eligibility
• Determine appropriate monies owed and due from patients
• Follow up with appropriate patients and families for financial assistance needs
• Meet with patients to discuss estimated costs of services
• Work closely with patients and patient financial services to resolve account balance issues and establish payment plans
• Obtains needed prior insurance authorization for diagnostic tests
• Develops appropriate templates of charges by care regimen to assist patients.
• Assist in disability and medical necessity forms to assist patients
• Participates in all departmental and organizational meetings
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required
REQUIRED LICENSE: None
• Demonstrated communication skills to effectively communicate with patients and patients’ families.
• Demonstrated reading skills to interpret instructions, manuals, insurance information, physician instructions and patient correspondence.
• Demonstrated math skills to calculate patient bills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
• Operational knowledge of telephones, fax machines, postage machines, and other office equipment.
• Accept assignments based on workload, priorities, and the qualifications and competencies of self and of other staff members
ABOUT HANCOCK HEALTH GATEWAY:
Hancock Health Gateway is our vision of healthful living powered by the people of Hancock County—beginning with immediate care, low-cost labs and imaging, and more resources to improve life and health together. In the future, Gateway will expand to include more patient-centered healthcare services and resources, with the aim of becoming a local center for healthful living.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed