Ready to go above and beyond to shape a new healthcare experience?
If you have a gift for getting things done without being told what to do…if you don’t know the words “not my patient” or “not my responsibility”…and if listening, solving problems, and providing quality customer service come naturally to you, you’ll fit right in at Hancock Health Gateway. Join the team and help us provide care that’s friendly, personal, and easy to access—just what health care should be.
At Hancock Health Gateway, you’ll be empowered to provide a new standard of health care, centered on what patients want and need. And you’ll do it in a fast-paced but friendly environment. Here, every team member, no matter their role, is equally responsible for creating, leading, and managing a high-quality patient experience. Whether your expertise is in the lab or patient care, we want our Gateway staff to take ownership of all aspects of service. To us, going above and beyond means providing high-quality healthcare, assisting patients with the registration and check-in process, having a conversation, and creating a lasting impression—even making a cup of coffee for a guest when needed.
This position will perform and oversee laboratory testing on patient specimens. Tasks include but are not limited to:
• Provide an excellent experience to patients and be competent at specimen collection (phlebotomy/throat and nasopharyngeal swabs) as required.
• Accurately performs all pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic activities defined by departmental procedure for which the associate has successfully completed training and for which competency
assessment is current.
• Assists in training of new or rotating personnel.
• Assists in communicating and interacting with other Gateway departments and with hospital for different services to ensure supervisor is aware of problems or information.
• Responsible for the completion of daily laboratory maintenance, instrument function checks as it pertains job function and level of competency.
• Maintains inventory of collection supplies.
• Complies with all safety policies and procedures.
• Must be computer literate and able to utilize the necessary software and hardware to perform the functions of the job and access company communications.
• Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must be able to accurately produce test results and evaluate variances.
• Follows universal precautions and protective measures required by facility and outside regulatory agencies. Incumbent may be exposed to blood or body fluids and will be in areas which contain these
items. Frequent hand washing and gloves are required.
• This position requires variable work hours and weekend/holiday rotation.
• Must be capable of consistent, independent judgement under fluctuating workload pressure.
• Notifies the supervisor of any performance trends identified, of any unresolved problems.
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be proficient in phlebotomy and clerical lab duties prior to training as a tech assistant. Candidates with a year of experience will be given preference.
• Must meet CLIA 88 "Testing Personnel" requirements for waived and moderate complexity testing.
ABOUT HANCOCK HEALTH GATEWAY:
Hancock Health Gateway is our vision of healthful living powered by the people of Hancock County—beginning with immediate care, low-cost labs and imaging, and more resources to improve life and health together. In the future, Gateway will expand to include more patient-centered healthcare services and resources, with the aim of becoming a local center for healthful living.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed