The Gift Shop Associate supports the Director of Volunteer Services in the day-to-day operations of the gift shop. This includes assisting the volunteers in the functions of the shop as directed by the director. The Gift Shop Associate may also serve in the absence of volunteers to staff the shop. Additionally, the Gift Shop Associate will work as directed by the director with the inventory control process of the Gift Shop and tracking of day-to-day sales.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Will perform seasonal and daily inventory control, price positioning, shelf stocking, and daily register balance.
• Create/maintain excel spreadsheet of payroll deductions.
• Unpack merchandise, inspect for defects, and verify packing slips and price merchandise using approved pricing formula.
• Responsible for monitoring and applying all vendor discounts.
• Work cooperatively with Accounting Department in operating, updating, and maintaining paperwork.
• Maintain an organized storeroom.
• Define costs, create retail price and price merchandise. (may use volunteer assistance when pricing items)
• Create volunteer schedule each month.
• Act as a gift shop liaison in the absence of the Gift Shop Director.
• Assist with daily operations of the shop, including training and supervising volunteers.
• Communicate appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
• Leads, attends, and participates in continuing education.
• Demonstrate Service Excellence towards all visitors, patients, staff, and volunteers.
• Assist in special projects, events and needs of the department.
• Assume other related responsibilities and duties as may be delegate by the Director of Volunteer Services.
Two years retail experience, High School Diploma. Must have purchasing and inventory knowledge, customer service oriented, with good communications skills and able to exercise good judgment in dealing with patients, visitors, staff and vendors.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed